West Virginia's history with the natural gas and oil industry stretches back to the very beginning - and it is a key state where historically low voter turnout means every single vote counts.
Are you ready to vote in 2020?
PRIMARY ELECTION DEADLINES - UPDATED DUE TO COVID-19
- May 19: voter registration deadline
- May 27: early voting begins
- June 3: deadline to request an absentee ballot
- June 6: early voting ends
- June 8: deadline to hand-deliver absentee ballot to County Clerk's office
- JUNE 9: WEST VIRGINIA PRIMARY ELECTION
- June 10: absentee ballots mailed, but without a postmark accepted.
- June 15: absentee ballot postmarked by Election Day accepted if received by start of Canvass.
NOT SURE WHERE TO START?
Click here and then enter your address for information on updating your registration, finding your polling location and on absentee & mail-in ballots.